With seventeen years of experience in construction management Gilbert VanDenBrink decided it was his time, time to take a new direction, build something himself and provide a future for his family.
In 1988 negotiations began to purchase an existing two person welding shop in Corinth, Ontario fabricating compressed gas cylinder carts and racks to major gas companies such as BOC Canada, Praxair and Air Liquide.
However, Gil’s love of construction and structures did not die, having all the necessary tools he progressed into fabricating & installing custom stairs and guardrail and by the late 90’s, with a new 12,000 square foot facility in Brownsville, Eastwood 88 Manufacturing Incorporated had escalated into being a major competitor in the structural steel market in Ontario.
Eastwood Manufacturing is thriving and continues to grow. With a full time staff of thirty, and processing over twenty-five hundred tonnes of steel annually, it is centrally located between Highway 401 & Highway 3. The 17,000 square ft facility encompasses: Warehousing; Press Shop; Fab Shop; Paint Booth; as well as Overhead Cranes.
- Implement ever changing technology & techniques
- Accomplish the jobs most people say “can’t be done”
- Maintain old school values: our word and a handshake still mean something
- Always exceed expectations
- Full service supplier; in house estimating, consulting, drafting, project management
Memberships & Certifications...
• Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Certified
• Safety Trained
• Member of the London District Construction Association (LDCA)
• Fully Equipped Road Crews